The DocuWare Solution Engineer is a key, cross-disciplinary role that works closely with our DocuWare customers, prospects, and partners as well as our Sales and Professional Services team. The primary responsibility of the role will be to serve as the technical point of contact for implementation services and solutions that leverage the DocuWare product suite. Such services commonly include business process analysis, business process definition, solution design, solution implementation, customer training, and support.
The DocuWare Solution Engineer will focus on building both customer relationships and technical solutions that enable our customers to maximize their technology investments. This may include strategy development, business process automation, application development, implementation assistance as well as technology and architecture evaluations.
This is a great opportunity for someone with a strong DocuWare technical background who wants to jump in and deliver customer value right away while also learning more about the full range of products and services offered by MTS Software Solutions.
- Assist with prospects/new clients in developing the solution:
- Discovery to perform the business process design
- This discovery will focus on the client's needs, what they are trying to achieve, resulting in a recommendation to sales of what product modules and services should be purchased, to include:
- Define the business requirements/needs
- Provide design alternatives for the client
- Provide high level design and scope of the solution
- Provide DocuWare demonstrations
- Work with project management to incorporate discovery findings into the SOW, Requirements Definition and Project Plan
- During the project:
- Implement the solution to make sure that the needs are met as identified in the discovery phase
- Provide input to the client on testing requirements
- Assure that the goals are achieved to meet the client's needs
- Assist existing clients:
- Analyzing the current usage of product modules and suggest best practices
- Translate business process requirements into a technical solution through design, implementation, testing, and training
- Recommend additional solutions to support unique business needs
- Assist with troubleshooting to improve operational efficiencies
- Design and implement workflows
- Review product architecture
- Facilitate designing, building and implementing systems to ensure the following:
- Reduced operating costs and improved quality
- Increased revenues
- Optimized customer relationships
- Strengthened corporate strategy
- Improved technology utilization
- Focus on matching business needs with solutions. Utilize first-hand knowledge of customer requirements and suggestions to influence the future direction and evolution of DocuWare solutions.
- Develop skills and knowledge by continuing education on topics related to the position responsibilities
- Other duties as assigned
The above statements are intended only to describe the general nature of the job, and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of position responsibilities.
Job Related Experience:
- At least 5 years of software solution sales, pre-sales and/or implementation experience, ideally in the financial, government and/or AP verticals.
- Must have DocuWare DSC/DAC certifications
- Experience indicating an understanding of /or ability to quickly acquire in-depth knowledge of multiple product lines in support of the responsibilities above.
- Experience indicating ability as an independent problem solver able to solve problems without precedents or guidelines.
- Proven ability to understand and effectively communicate with multiple functional groups.
- Experience indicating an understanding of /or ability to quickly acquire in depth understanding of relevant markets.
Functional Area Skills/Knowledge:
- A demonstrated understanding of how various organizations utilize content management solutions.
- Ability to confirm solution fit and identify customer specific benefits that will help contribute to a unique business value offering.
- An understanding of common databases (Oracle, SQL, Sybase, DB2), networking, and operating systems.
- Implementation of DocuWare modules, including AutoIndex, Connect To Outlook, AutoIndex and other DocuWare modules.
- Knowledge of the sales engineering function and sales engineering processes within a software organization.
- Strong skill level with Microsoft office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, etc.).
- Strong organizational, communication (oral and written), and presentation skills.
- Ability to communicate technical and business information to widely varied audiences.
- Ability to operate and work as part of a team.
- Ability to effectively react in dynamic, customer facing situations.
- High degree of professionalism in appearance and manner.
- Strong relationship building skills both internally and externally.
- Strong problem solving skills and attention to detail.
- Responsive, reliable and results oriented.
- Willingness to travel up to 25% including nights and weekends as required.
What We Offer:
- Competitive Salary (based on experience)
- Health/Dental/Vision Coverage
- 401K Retirement Plan with up to 4% company match
- Work with a great team to solve challenging business problems