The Solution Consultant provides consulting services and designs/delivers solutions to MTS prospects and clients leveraging the OnBase product suite. Such services commonly include business process analysis, business process definition, solution design, solution implementation, and customer training.
Consultants focus on building solutions that enable organizations to further leverage their technology investments. We offer a full range of services for business and technology needs including strategy improvements, business process automation, application development, implementation assistance as well as technology and architecture evaluations.
We provide support to all areas of an organization by helping them assess technology needs in relation to business goals, positioning the organization for future growth, using a wealth of experience and knowledge to build best practices, provide exemplary service and proven development approaches.
The consultant helps organizations view information technology as a strategic differentiator by building a well-defined enterprise architecture.
Assist with prospects/new clients in developing the solution:
- Discovery to perform the business process design. This discovery will focus on the client’s needs, what they are trying to achieve, resulting in a recommendation to sales of what product modules and services should be purchased, to include:
- Define the business requirements/needs
- Provide design alternatives for the client
- Provide high level design and scope of the solution
- Once the discovery is completed and validated by the client, the consultant works with project management to incorporate into the SOW, Requirements Definition and Project Plan
During the project:
- Oversee building the solution to make sure that the needs are met as identified in the discovery phase
- Provide input to the client on testing requirements
- Assure that the goals are achieved to meet the client’s needs
Assist existing clients:
- Analyzing the current usage of product modules and suggest best practices
- Translate business process requirements into a technical solution through design, implementation, testing, and training
- Recommend additional solutions to support unique business needs
- Assist with troubleshooting to improve operational efficiencies
- Design and implement workflows
- Review product architecture
- Schedule performance analysis
- Supplement short-term staffing needs
- Address risk and compliance issues
Facilitate designing, building and implementing systems to ensure the following:
- Reduced operating costs and improved quality
- Increased revenues
- Optimized customer relationships
- Strengthened corporate strategy
- Improved technology utilization
- Conduct a review of objectives, tasks and deliverables with the client
- Perform business process analysis and document the requirements of the solution and recommendations
- Project may range from simple discussions regarding specific departmental needs to dialogue about enterprise applications that integrate the multiple existing systems.
- Provide ongoing management if the strategy includes the installation, configuration and/or migration of other business solutions.
- Focus on matching business needs with solutions. Utilize first-hand knowledge of customer requirements and suggestions to influence the future direction and evolution of OnBase solutions.
- Identify opportunities within the client base to provide consulting and training and sell additional MTS products. Build relationships with customers throughout the course of the consulting engagement.
- Consultant provides reports of findings, analysis and recommendations for short, medium and long-term actions. The findings may be presented at one time or periodically at project milestones.
- Contribute to the development of the OnBase products by providing feedback on product opportunities and deficiencies
- Develop skills and knowledge by continuing education on topics related to the position responsibilities
- Continually evolve and improve all services offered
- 40-50% travel to customer sites, ability to travel weekends if engagement requires
- Knowledge-of and experience-in any or all of the following: financial industry, government agencies, accounts payable, HR processes and ECM (Enterprise Content Management) technology and terminology.
- Experience working with clients, consulting (selling), communicating with all levels of management and C level members of the organization
- Functional area skills/knowledge – significant knowledge of the organization, work environment and process with advanced knowledge and understanding of technical areas gained through experience and utilized in completing assignments
- Ability to test/troubleshoot software, on-line help and supporting materials
- Experience in business process analysis and documenting functional requirements
- Practical experience translating functional requirements into technical solutions
- Product knowledge of Docuware, Fortis, Stellant or supporting ECM products and services a plus
- Strong project management skills, ability to coordinate multiple tasks to completion with little supervision
- Professional communication skills, both verbal and written. Ability to communicate technical concepts to both technical and non-technical people
- Ability to effectively work within a team environment
- Demonstrated ability and interest to learn technology
- Ability to work in a flexible, fast-paced environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- 5 Plus years experience with Hyland OnBase API, Workflow, Workview, Case Management and Installer Certifications required.